Diff & Commenting for Jupyter Notebooks
Say Goodbye to annoying JSON diffs!Install GitHub App
Trusted by 200+ organizations
Tensorflow docs & tech writer at Google
As a popular open source project, TensorFlow.org receives many pull requests for our notebook documentation. I care about content—not the file format—and ReviewNB provides a quick way to view notebook diffs so reviewers can focus on the changes that matter.
Research scientist at fast.ai
Our MOOC and the full documentation of our open-source library is build from notebooks and we have a lot of contributors who help perfect them. ReviewNB has been a lifesaver to help us quickly see diffs and post comments whenever we ask for something to tweak in a specific cell.
Data Scientist at Microsoft
In our team at Microsoft, we have been using ReviewNB to review the Jupyter notebooks that we have in our open source repository https://github.com/Microsoft/Recommenders. ReviewNB has helped a lot to be more agile when doing code reviews.
Lead developer, ArcGIS API for Python
Esri has been an early adopter of Jupyter Notebooks, with the ArcGIS API for Python’s samples and guides written entirely as notebooks. Tracking notebook changes and reviewing pull requests wasn’t easy until ReviewNB came along. We can now see exactly what’s changed between the different revisions. Posting review comments inline using a WYSIWYG interface is tremendously useful as well.
Install via GitHub
Install ReviewNB on any of your GitHub Repositories
Open a Notebook or see Diff for any Commit/Pull Request
Visual Diffs for Notebook Reviews
Cell Level Comments to Collaborate within your Team
Track All Open Issues with Conversation Threads
For Unlimited UsageStart Free Trial
Unlimited Private Repositories
Unlimited Public Repositories
For Open Source
For Public RepositoriesSignup
Unlimited Public Repositories
Request on-prem Installation
Secure On-Prem Installation
Monthly Pay-as-you-go model
Premium Support over Phone/Slack
Easy Setup with Docker
Works with GitHub Enterprise/Cloud/.COM
Integrated License (no need to call "home")
Can we self host ReviewNB?
- Yes. If you're interested in on-prem installation, please fill this form and we'll get in touch
Does ReviewNB work with GitHub Enterprise?
- Yes. Our self hosted installation works with GitHub Enterprise & GitHub.com both
Does ReviewNB work with GitLab or BitBucket?
- Not yet. Additional platform support is one of our most requested feature. Feel free to upvote/follow.
Which repositories can ReviewNB access?
- We can only access repositories for which you have enabled ReviewNB on GitHub
- You can enable/disable individual repository access at any time from GitHub
What GitHub permissions do you need?
- Read repository contents to fetch notebooks and compute diff
- Read repository metadata to fetch list of commits and PRs
- Read-Write access to pull requests to read & write PR comments
- Read access to email to notify you of new comments on your notebooks
How can I trust ReviewNB with my private repositories?
- Our app has been verified by GitHub & approved for sell on GitHub marketplace. You can see Verified by GitHub badge on our marketplace listing.
- ReviewNB does NOT store any repository contents. Notebooks / Diffs / Commits / PRs, none of these are stored in ReviewNB
- Anytime you open a diff, we make API calls to GitHub to fetch the data. We process the diff and serve it to your browser in real time
Where do you store review comments?
- Comments you write on a pull request (PR) are stored with GitHub. You can view comments on the corresponding PR on GitHub
- Comments you write directly on a notebook file are stored with ReviewNB. It's because GitHub does not offer any way to post comments on a file (GitHub comments are permitted only on commits/PRs)
What about GitHub access token security?
- GitHub access tokens are stored with AES (Advanced Encryption Standard) encryption
- Every time you logout and login, we generate a new GitHub access token. That way, your tokens are automatically rotated and the old one becomes defunct
I am seeing "Unfortunately, invoiced customers cannot purchase paid plans on the GitHub Marketplace" error?
- GitHub doesn't support buying marketplace apps for invoiced customers. In such cases, you can buy subscription directly from the vendor (us). Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll setup an account for you.
I'm Amit Rathi, developer & entrepreneur behind ReviewNB. More about me
Jupyter is loved by many but version control remains a challenge. Besides, diff algorithms are fun to write :)
We're building in the open. You can view upcoming features, vote on them and even request a new one.
You might like some open source tools I built- GitPlus (version control extension for JupyterLab) & Treon (test framework for notebooks)